Wednesday, July 5, 2017

The 2017 Contest of Gintery Goodness - Part Two

Similar to years past with my contests, I'm planning on giving out multiple prizes and having plenty of different and interesting ways to win.  Hopefully you'll all enjoy them!  A reminder of the different things you can win and a link to the first way you can enter:

  • complete base set plus 20 random SP's of 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter
  • A selected 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter relic/autograph or two (2) full sized relics (by you) from those I pull (there will be a minor number of disqualifications, but you'll get to see the full list before choosing this option)
  • Your choice of six (6) 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter base baseball box toppers I pull
  • Your choice of 20 A&G back minis
  • A copy of every duplicate I pull from the 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter What A Day! set (on average this should be about 3/4 of the set)
  • Your choice of 30 duplicate inserts (mini or regular sized, minis count as 2)

Now on to contest #2!

We hearken back to contest two of last year,
a contest not won by the blogosphere.
So we'll approach it again with hopes of success
a challenge for you all to reassess.
Again, we look to that hallowed first card
a spot that many would agree was marred.
A Cub Topps chose, which was probably fine
but not Rizzo, Bryant, or those of similar align.
"Jorge Soler?!" even Cubs fans yelled,
"does he deserve this honor so unparalleled?"
For 2017 I'll have you colleagues decide
who will Topps put Jorge Soler beside!
Just as last year, you get one guess a night
until the list is released and Topps proves one right.

47 comments:

  1. In verse you choose to rightly vent
    About players less pre-eminent.
    May Topps heed you and be a learner
    And kick-off this set with Trea Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know not who Topps will choose,
    It may well be a Yankee, Cub, or Giant,
    But this contest is not one I'd like to lose,
    So my guess is a safe one: Bryant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos Correa
    ..thanks for this contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is where I try to rhyme,
    Try to be clever without sounding eager
    But I'm on my dinner break and running out of time
    So I'll just say Corey Seager

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will go with Buster Posey

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a reason my occupation involves math,
    because if I had to only write clearly I'd be a cheater,
    for there is only one logical Topps path,
    and that of course is Derek Jeter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the contest! Going with Ichiro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was gonna say Judge, but he's been picked. So let's go with Alex Bregman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about a Reds player? I'll say Votto.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Oops, looks like the list is out, which makes Josh D's comment make more sense now.

      Delete
    2. OHHHHHHHHHHH! you're correct! Congrats to Chris of Nachos Grande! I especially appreciated the poetry involved!

      Delete