Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mad Lib Contest Results!

REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a Detroit Tigers fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent batting.  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding people flawlessly.

7. "Centerfield."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning run, bar none.

6. Our sweet staff. They are extremely salty and frequently admire the opposition.

5. The Tigers' logo.  The sharp blue really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks thankful in the 1984 Topps set.

4. I am extremely ample that our team is originally from Portage as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Miguel Cabrera.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Miguel Cabrera." Well, he is currently hitting .011, slightly above the Abraham Lincoln line.  Handsome in my book.

2. 57 World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My cat collection of Tigers, now numbering 35 is lovingly displayed next to my love.  My pride and joy!

Congratulations to John Sharp of John's Big League Baseball Blog as our winner with the above entry into my Mad Libs contest.  I chose six entries that I really enjoyed (the other five are below) and then gave them to a friend of mine to decide which was his favorite.  Miggy hitting slightly above the Abe Lincoln line won him over and led him to pick this entry.

I'll also take this time to congratulate our final winner from yesterday, picking the Phillies as the team with the first mini out of my case: Wilf Knecht!

Congrats guys!  All five winners should have an e-mail from me by the time this post goes live.  If you don't, yell at me... cause I probably screwed up.  Below you can find some of my other favorite entries!


REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a Kansas City Royals fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent erasing.  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding wombats flawlessly.

7. "Achy Breaky Heart."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning decompose, bar none.

6. Our alluring staff. They are extremely repulsive and frequently snorkels the opposition.

5. The Royals' logo.  The sharp taupe really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks unjust in the 1979 Topps set.

4. I am extremely winless that our team is originally from Des Moines as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Eric Hosmer.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Eric Hosmer." Well, he is currently hitting .042, slightly above the Albert Einstein line.  Irresponsible in my book.

2. 37 World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My fidget spinner collection of Royals, now numbering 8 trillion is lovingly displayed next to my parakeet.  My pride and joy!



REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a Los Angeles Dodgers fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent fiddling.  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding monkeys flawlessly.

7. "Shine On You Crazy Diamond."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning relax, bar none.

They should really rename the 7th inning stretch to the 'relax'... I'd like that. 

6. Our squishy staff. They are extremely tart and frequently cooks the opposition.

5. The Dodgers' logo.  The sharp green really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks delicious in the 1999 Topps set.

4. I am extremely jumpy that our team is originally from Little Rock as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Cody Bellinger.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Cody Bellinger." Well, he is currently hitting .074, slightly above the Julia Roberts line.  Old-fashioned in my book.

2. 5 World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My limestone collection of Dodgers, now numbering 111 is lovingly displayed next to my tulip.  My pride and joy!



REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a Los Angeles Dodgers fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent rogering (As in "a right good rogering").  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding cantalopes flawlessly.

7. "Song for the Deaf."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning think, bar none.

6. Our friggin' staff. They are extremely mo' fo'in' and frequently pass the opposition.

5. The Dodgers' logo.  The sharp salmon really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks curvaceous in the 1984 Topps set.

4. I am extremely pugnacious that our team is originally from Las Vegas as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Alex Wood.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Alex Wood." Well, he is currently hitting .042, slightly above the Weird Al Yankovich line.  Massive in my book.

2. 68.999 World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My anteater collection of Dodgers, now numbering 1 (because it's the loneliest) is lovingly displayed next to my bikini.  My pride and joy!



REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a San Diego Padres fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent convulsing.  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding hampsters flawlessly.

7. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning saunter, bar none.

6. Our bumpy staff. They are extremely sexy and frequently swishes the opposition.

5. The Padres' logo.  The sharp gold really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks rusty in the 1976 Topps set.

4. I am extremely mentally unstable that our team is originally from Hoboken as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Hunter Renfroe.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Hunter Renfroe." Well, he is currently hitting one zillion, slightly above the Bill Murray line.  Dangerously radioactive in my book.

2. Too many to count World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My truckasaurus collection of Padres, now numbering 1 or 2 is lovingly displayed next to my grandma's bloomers.  My pride and joy!



REASONS FOR FANDOM

I am a San Francisco Giants fan.

Here are eight reasons why:

8. Defense! My team prides itself in excellent tinkling.  In fact, our shortstop makes a habit out of fielding corndogs flawlessly.

7. "Yankee Doodle Dandy."  My team plays the best song in the 7th inning screw, bar none.

6. Our colorful staff. They are extremely slippery and frequently elbow the opposition.

5. The Giants' logo.  The sharp orange really stands out.  In fact, the best part is that it looks wet in the 1971 Topps set.

4. I am extremely loud that our team is originally from Hollywood as it gives historical value to our franchise.

3. Buster Posey.  You're probably asking yourself, "Who's Buster Posey." Well, he is currently hitting .8675309, slightly above the Andre the Giant line.  Hairy in my book.

2. 762 World Series trophies.  No other team can say that!

1. I can prove my fandom! My pineapple collection of Giants, now numbering 521 is lovingly displayed next to my baseball cards.  My pride and joy!



1 comment: