Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The 2017 Contest of Gintery Goodness - Part Five

I first want to address contest #2.  Topps released its checklist early this morning (you can find it here) and the number one card in the set is Kris Bryant.  That means that our first contest winner is Chris from Nachos Grande!  Congrats man!

I think we're going to stop at five contests again this year.  For some reason it just feels like a good number.  So far I have:

1. The lazy man's contest of chance

2. A persistent man's contest (with a bit of thinking) Won by Chris - Nachos Grande

3. A subjective contest

4. A contest with a slight advantage to loyal reader's


What do I need... I think a bit of skill/sleuthing is what the doctor ordered here!

So here's the deal.  Everyday for the next week I have a post scheduled for 1pm EST so that's 10am for you folks on the west coast.  Hopefully that's not too early for you.  In any case, each of these posts will contain a hint referencing a baseball player that I have thought of.  The first person to correctly guess said player will win the contest!

You only get one guess per post.  Guesses will only be allowed on the post that is currently "live".  So once clue #2 is released, no more guessing on the clue #1 post.  That being said, you are more than encouraged to throw out a far-fetched guess even if you don't know that answer.  Who knows, you might end up being right!

Today is Wednesday and I currently have seven total clues (I very much doubt I'll need more than that), which means this contest will also end on or before July 19th.

...and yes, I'm going to attempt to make this fairly challenging.  We shall see how I do!  Good luck!

Clue #1: Though I have seen at least one Major League at-bat this season, I did not have one yesterday.  Then again, I don't think anyone really expected me to have an at-bat yesterday.

17 comments:

  1. Chris Sale.

    Does the contest switch to a new player each day we fail, or is it more clues about the same player?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. All these clues are for the same player. If anyone guesses the player correctly, he/she is the winner and the contest immediately ends. Hopefully that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. Scooter Gennett (am I still allowed to enter since I won (!) the one contest already)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one has guessed the player yet, this post is now closed for guesses.

    ReplyDelete