Therefore, this one is a bit unusual. I have a friend in Virginia who reads this blog because I tell him to. He obliges. He's even commented on it once or twice.
In any case, he's been a Magic player for most of his life but likes baseball quite a bit and seems very interested in the hobby. This contest is going to be simply to send this guy cards. He knows that they are coming. The winner of this contest will be entirely judged by him. I've asked him to write up a little blurb afterwards about why he picked the cards he did.
I've set up a couple guidelines for this contest so it can't simply be "bought":
- PLEASE. ONLY send PWE's to Stephen. All other entry types will be disqualified.
- Value of cards sent is not intended to be a factor in this contest.
- In fact, he truly isn't aware of general value of cards (so junk wax might be just as interesting to him as a 1962 card). Basically send him fun things to look at.
- So that you aren't shooting in the dark, here's a quick bio of Stephen.
- Lives in Northern VA
- Nationals fan
- Before the Nationals existed, he hated the Expos and was an Orioles fan
- He's in his mid-20's (I'm not sure how this impacts his interests)
- To enter any of these contests you must e-mail me the following information. My e-mail address will be provided in the excel sheet below.
- Your name and mailing address.
- Your favorite baseball team (if you have one).
- The below excel sheet attached to that e-mail with your submissions.
- If you win any of the contests, you will be entitled to pick a prize from the list on the first contest post. I will reach out to you for that information on or around August 1st.
- The order in which winners pick their prizes will be determined by the number of people participating in the individual contest. Those with the least participation will pick first.
- The deadline for all of these contests is July 29th, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- There may be a few contests that simply don't have a winner.
- Have fun!
Here's the aforementioned excel sheet. You should be able to submit answers to most of the contests with this. If you struggle with excel, or for any reason need/want to submit your answers in a different way, I'm sure we can work something out.