Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2006 Bowman Originals; A Break From Yester-Year: Part II

Part II of III of this box is going to feature the glorious base cards from this box.  Up until about 2 months ago, I still had every base card from the box I had opened.  However, I traded with blogger Greg Zakwin over at plaschkethysweaterisargyle and included the two cards below as part of his bonus cards.  Aren't they beautiful?!?!


In any case, the set is fairly small (at least as far as I can tell), but features a metric ton of rookies and also has another base set that is just prospects.  So you're looking at typical Bowman here.  However, up until very recently (read: 2015) Bowman base sets have looked pretty miserable.  They usually aren't very interesting and simply have bad design, yet this set tickles my collectors eye.  I actually enjoy it quite a lot.  Here's a look at some of the better base cards I pulled.  You also get to see what the prospect cards look like:

  
 Pretty cool?!?!  I love the Markakis and Upton!  In any case, the packs didn't just come with base cards and autographs.  We also got our fair share of inserts!  The box yielded 4 blue parallels numbered to 249.


Hanley rookie, oh yeah!!!

All the card backs are the same (whether the card is a prospect, rookie, or veteran).  Here's the backs of the 4 blue parallels.  The stat line can be a bit confusing on some of the cards as they tried to fit everything on one line.  Some of the players have minor league stats, some career, and some just have one year... so that's a bit weird, but other than that, I like these backs a lot.  Everything is easy to read and it gives detailed information of each player with cool fast-facts.


Our very last insert was a hit of sorts.  We received a prospect magenta 1 of 1 printing plate of someone I've heard of!! 


NAME THAT PLAYER!  No cheating and looking at the set checklist!


3 comments:

  1. ATL boy Dexter Fowler. What do I win haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about most of that ascent of man set? :p
      PWE on the way!

      Delete
  2. Haha I was joking but sounds good, I got your package yesterday thanks man!

    ReplyDelete